SEND Looked After & Vulnerable Groups Caseworker
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/02/2020 23:59
£27,905 - £31,371 Grade 9
Broom Cottages, Ferryhill however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
CYPS/20/19, V5768, 0109962
Children and Young Peoples Services
SEND & Inclusion
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/20/19
Post title: SEND Looked After & Vulnerable Groups Caseworker – full time – temporary until 31/03/2021 or until the day before the return of the substantive postholder
Salary: £27,905 - £31,371 Grade 9
Job Location: Broom Cottages, Ferryhill however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
We are seeking to appoint a temporary caseworker to join the team responsible for facilitating the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to ensure all children with special educational needs, or children and young people looked after, are able to access the best possible education provision that ensures ongoing progress and achievement, good educational outcomes and prepared for adulthood.
The central responsibilities of the post holder will be to:
• Facilitate the statutory assessment processes for children and young people
• Produce high quality Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) to support the identified special educational needs for individual children
• Ensure identified groups of vulnerable children and young people have appropriate education and support in place to enable their progress and achievement
You will have:
• A good understanding of special educational needs and statutory processes to support needs
• Experience of working with families and/or other professionals to meet the needs of children and/or young people
• Experience of collaborative working with a range of partners including: schools, colleges, health and social care professionals
Required qualifications: qualified to degree level or equivalent.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Clive Horton, SEND, Looked After Children and Vulnerable Groups Team Manager on 03000 267800 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Monday 10th February 2020.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.