Apprentice - Business Administration
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/03/2020 23:59
£144.30 per week (NMW in Second Year for 19+)
Crook Civic Centre
An opportunity has arisen for a two year Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
Applicants would be expected to build up the necessary skills to support the team and work proactively to support the team and service delivery by:
• To study and achieve the Business Administrator Level 2 or 3 during the duration of the apprenticeship
• Develop the skills to use multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to write letters or emails.
• Learn how to produce accurate records and documents including emails, letters, reports & proposals and make recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management
• Understand the importance of decision making and learn how to make effective decisions based on sound reasoning and deal with challenges in a mature way
• Develop interpersonal skills to be able to build and maintain positive relationships within your own team and across the organisation.
• Learn how to influence and challenge appropriately and become a role model to peers and team members, developing coaching skills as you gain area knowledge
• Develop good communications skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on a digital platform and use the most appropriate channels to communicate effectively
• Demonstrate the necessary level of expertise required to complete tasks and apply yourself to continuously improve your work.
• Learn how to take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, managing priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadlines
• Develop skills to use relevant project management principles and tools to scope, plan, monitor and report.
• Ensure appropriate attention is given to your own health and safety, and the safety of your colleagues and visitors, following established procedures.
• Work within current Data Protection requirements, Information Sharing protocols and guidelines.
• To attend training as determined appropriate by the Council in relation to working practices and the Apprenticeship programme.
Required Qualifications: Ability to achieve Level 2 or 3 Business Administration during the duration of the apprenticeship
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Tuesday 17 March 2020.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Lorraine Pirt, on 03000 264468 or via email at Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.
In line with the County Council's Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services on 03000 263154/264469/264086/266148 or email PESTAP@durham.gov.uk
This job is closed for applications.