Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/02/2020 12:00
£32,878.00 - £34,788.00
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Grangetown Depot, Laing Close, Greanetown
This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.
Redcar and Cleveland is an area of great contrasts with world class industries, market towns, visitor destinations, beautiful coastline and stunning countryside. The Council continues to invest in the area to create opportunities for investment and growth. Key to this work is the Growth, Enterprise and Environment Directorate which leads on our efforts to build upon successful investment and develop an exciting growth programme that will bring long-term improvements to the local economy and environment, create jobs and build vibrant communities.
We are looking for Engineers to join the Highway & Engineering team at Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Highways team as a key member of the team you be involved with the following:
• Managing the delivery of projects with minimal supervision.
• Managing resources providing scheme investigation, feasibility studies, preliminary/detailed design, tender documents, site inspections, data collection and analysis, and works/construction inspection and supervision.
• Preparing progress reports and attending project review meetings.
• Engaging with a wide range of project stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
• Applying your working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare and CDM responsibilities
• Contributing to project management excellence and innovation within team.
• Assisting in the development of others.
The suitable candidates will have a strong track record of developing and delivering, on budget and on time. Whilst experience within the Local Transport Plan Delivery & Drainage would be advantageous it is not essential. You will provide support to the Highway Management team and aid the overall organisational development and change that will ensure that the Service is able to respond to the changing requirements of our customers, the Council and the challenges of the internal and external environment.
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Nick Preston Service Lead, Engineering & Highways on 01287 612597.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
This job is closed for applications.