Development Director - Major Projects
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/02/2020 23:59
£82,124 - £92,884 (market supplement may be payable)
Executive / Managerial
Sunderland Civic Centre
Sunderland City Council is driving forward the City’s plan for a dynamic, vibrant and healthy Sunderland over the next 10 years.
A key priority continues to be investing in the strategic regeneration of the city to drive economic regeneration and job growth.
We are doing this through developing strategic assets, improving the city-wide and area infrastructure, and encouraging inward investment to create the conditions for growth.
Major milestones have already been achieved; including the Northern Spire bridge, commencing phase two of the International Advanced Manufacturing Park (IAMP), the Ocado Group moving into the Beam on the Vaux site, the development of the new City Hall, and the investment by Legal and General to deliver commercial buildings, as part of the wider Riverside Sunderland Regeneration Project.
The Development Director (Major Projects) will support the Executive Director of City Development in leading and driving the delivery of major infrastructure projects.
Applicants will need the following:
• Be educated to degree level in civil engineering or a similar discipline, or appropriate post graduate, professional qualification or equivalent.
• A successful track record of achievement as a senior manager in a large, complex, multi-disciplinary and challenging organisation.
• A proven track record of managing large and complex infrastructure developments including but not limited to rail, highways and energy.
• In depth knowledge of infrastructure investments at a national, regional and preferably local level.
• In depth knowledge of how infrastructure delivery can be funded including the development of business cases and business plans.
• Demonstrable knowledge of legal structures in developing partnering arrangements and contracts.
• A strong, visible and collaborative leadership style, the ability to build effective relationships and to be able to work across the public and private sectors, with vision and attention to detail.
For more information please contact: Beverley Johnstone on 0191 561 1134
Closing date: 14th February 2020
Please note you will be required to complete an on-line personality assessment as part of the recruitment process.
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil or by emailing a CV and supporting statement to email@example.com. For further assistance contact the Org Man & Resourcing Team by telephone: 0191 561 1755.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have provided on your application, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted.
This job is closed for applications.