Assistant Contracts and Data Officer.3584
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/02/2020 23:59
£21,589 - £23,836
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate. For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
As part of the Contracts & Commercial team, you will support senior professional and managerial staff in the provision of waste services, by processing, validating and challenging contractual claims; administer the hazardous waste collection service, abandoned vehicle removal and disposal service, and textile and book service; processing queries and complaints; complete compliance monitoring at waste PFI facilities; and undertake pollution control and aftercare at the closed landfill sites.
You will be expected to work closely with staff from other Council departments and frequently come into contact with members of the public, so the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
This is a permanent, full time position
We are offering:
- A salary of £21,589 - £23,836 (Band 5)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Opportunities for job specific training and qualifications.
- A good standard of general education demonstrating numeracy and literacy.
- Effective ICT skills and ability to understand and develop the use of ICT to achieve work objectives.
- Ability to work methodically and systematically & pay close attention to detail.
- See person specification for full requirements
For an informal discussion about this vacancy please contact Robby Barkley on 01670 620033 or Robby.Barkley@northumberland.gov.uk
For a copy of the job description/person specification please click on the link below
Closing date for applications is midnight on 14th February 2020
This job is closed for applications.