Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/02/2020 23:59
£24,313 and £26,999
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Tyne Mills Depot
Highways Inspector based at Tyne Mills Depot, Hexham.
Full time, permanent contract.
You will be required to plan and carry out statutory highway inspections, process results and effectively manage the resources on general and routine maintenance work to achieve the required response times and financial performance and compliance within service specification. To publicise, promote and educate the general public and local business, in highway matters, to maintain highway safety across the County and ensure necessary remedial actions, are promptly reported, actioned, or, where possible, immediate reinstatement is actioned.
Duties and key result areas:
1. Organise, plan and carry out statutory highways inspections in accordance with specified frequencies. Process inspection results to produce works tickets for highways works gangs. Responsibility for entire process through to works completion, quality inspection and monitoring using Mayrise system.
2. Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation, CDM Regulations, Method Statements, Risk Assessments. COSHH assessments and Safe Operating Procedures i.e. ensure appropriate use of PPE such as ear and eye protectors, high visibility clothing, etc.
3. Maintain and update highways inspection routes as and when necessary on Mayrise Highways system. Inspections carried out using PDA’s,works order processing using main system.
4. Direct and lead the activities of a dedicated local response gang, providing clear guidance to staff, delegating work appropriately and motivating staff to achieve set objectives and standards.
5. Effectively plan and organise the provision of plant and materials to depot and sites.
6. Monitor the performance of dedicated local response gang and report service delivery issues to Area Delivery Manager.
7. Supervision of sub-contractor works, monitoring performance and recording site instructions.
8. Carry out place of work assessments, undertake dynamic risk assessments and make sure all requirements are in place prior to commencement of any works.
9. Working knowledge of highway law and procedures
10. Investigate third party public liability insurance claims, assist Insurance Section in formulating a defence, represent Council in Court to defend claims.
We are offering:
- A salary between £24,313 and £26,999 (Band 6)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
Closing date for applications is midnight on 18th February 2020.
This job is closed for applications.