Highways Heavy Plant/HGV Operative.478
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/02/2020 23:59
£19,554 - £21,166
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Tyne Mills Depot
Highways Heavy Plant/HGV Operative based at Tyne Mills Depot, Hexham.
Full time, permanent position.
Undertake the provision of an efficient and effective Highways Maintenance and Construction maintenance service also within the Road Marking operations throughout Northumberland.
Key Duties and responsibilities: Work Individually or as part of a team and under the general direction of senior colleagues:
1. Provide an efficient and effective Highways Maintenance and Construction service in an allocated area to designated standards and in accordance with predetermined schedules.
2. As necessary, drive and operate a range of specialist vehicles including HGV to provide efficient and effective logistical and operational support.
3. As necessary, complete all necessary paperwork to accurately record the resources used and progress of work in accordance with corporate procedures.
4. Ensure the safety of other employees and the public in relation to the work undertaken including the safe use of all heavy & light plant, equipment and tools. 5. Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
6. Ensure the work is completed within the time, quality and specified service standards.
7. Ensure that work is performed in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with the relevant risk assessment.
8. Work collaboratively with team colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved and quality standards are maintained.
9. Deal with simple problems referring more complex issues to immediate supervisor.
10. As necessary, carry out routine vehicle driver and equipment operator checks in accordance with established procedures
11. Staff will be expected to work across the frontline services within their allocated area team.
We are offering:
- A starting salary between £19,554 - £21,166 (Band 4)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
Closing date for applications is midnight on 18th February 2020.
This job is closed for applications.