Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/03/2020 23:59
A starting salary of £18,795
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Foundry House Day Centre
The Role An opportunity has arisen for a full time Administrative Assistant within Central Locality Children’s Services Team. This is a busy admin team and your role within it will be to ensure that the day to day essential administrative tasks are carried out.
Your tasks will include:
1. To assist in the co-ordination and organisation of reviews, diary appointments, etc for the social work staff.
2. Arrange meetings including the preparation of materials
3. Attend meetings, taking accurate minutes and ensuring distribution as requested. 4. In accordance with service demands provide office administration tasks such as typing, petty cash, photocopying, scanning and uploading on to electronic client records.
5. Maintain information systems such as filing, booking systems, client records ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, ease of use and rapid access
6. Ensure care and reconciliation of petty cash and other amounts of cash or cheques.
7. Receive telephone calls, deal with visitors, take messages and answer enquiries, in compliance with the service’s customer care standards.
8. Deal with incoming and outgoing post in accordance with established procedures, ensuring that cheques and money orders arriving or leaving by the postal system are dealt with according to financial procedures.
Organisation of your work without/or limited supervision, managing interruptions/conflicting demands and the ability to deal with change are all essential in this role. This is an extremely supportive, collaborative team where effective communication is essential and commitment to providing a quality service is expected.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £18,795
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- A supportive environment
- Please refer to the attached job description https://www.northumberland.gov.uk//getmedia/00226fa9-5f87-48ba-b987-c06ee873de69/2046-Admin-Assistant-JDPS-amended.aspx
For further information, please contact Paula Brewis on 01670 536030 or e-mail email@example.com
This post closes at midnight on the 26th March 2020
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding the process can be discussed with Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) on 01670 623 130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
This job is closed for applications.