Teaching and Learning Support Assistant - Ryhope Junior School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£19,554 - £21,166
Schools - Support
Ryhope Junior School
Ryhope Junior School
Post Title: Teaching and Learning Support Assistant
Job Location: Ryhope Junior School
Directorate: Together for Children
Responsible to: Headteacher
Position No: 50089680
Contract Type: Fixed Term until July 2020 – *Subject to terms and conditions
Salary: Grade 3 pt 7-11
£19,554 - £21,166 FTE (Pay award pending April 2020)(
pro rata to hours and weeks worked
Hours of work: 20 hours per week, term-time only
Days and Hours to be agreed
Information about the Post
We are looking to recruit a kind, patient, enthusiastic and experienced Level 3 Teaching Assistant (or equivalent experience), to support children in our school. You will work as a member of a team, supporting children with their individual teaching and learning plan as well as daily one-to-one and small group work based on the children’s specific areas of need. The work will also involve helping children access learning within their mainstream class.
You will need to be able to follow and deliver programmes planned in conjunction with the class teacher and SENDCo, as well as working on your own initiative. You will be sensitive to the needs of the pupil and support them to maximise their learning outcomes.
We care passionately about our staff, their well-being and their professional development and this is reflected in the fact that we are an enthusiastic team, committed to working collaboratively and sharing the very best practice. We are seeking ambitious candidates who are keen to develop further and as such are committed to providing excellent CPD for the development of staff. We are striving for the very best for our children and we are focussed on and passionate about learning.
We are looking for someone who is:
• experienced in delivering KS1 and KS2 phonic and basic writing skills interventions
• experienced in supporting children with social, emotional and mental health needs
• creative and innovative, especially in order to bring learning to life
• committed to team work, sharing and receiving ideas for the benefit of the children in our care
• able to work proactively, with a high level of commitment
• experienced in working within an educational setting with children (employed or as a regular volunteer)
• experienced in working with children who have additional needs
• educated to GCSE Maths and English standard (minimum Grade 4) or equivalent
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• work in a popular and forward looking school
• join a strong team environment that takes staff well-being seriously
• work with a dedicated Senior Leadership Team who want to see their staff progress and flourish in their career
• develop your skills alongside a team of dedicated and highly professional staff who are deeply committed to improving the life chances of the children in our local community
• be supported in your role by a range of school based and external expertise
• develop professionally including relevant training, where appropriate
Experience of working with children with special educational need in the areas of communication and interaction, literacy and numeracy is essential to this post. We are very committed to integration and inclusion for all our children and seek to appoint individuals who share this vision.
Visits to the school prior to interview are highly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Lough, School Business Manager Telephone: 0191 9172969.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks.
If you can share our commitment to working as a whole school team to provide the best possible learning environment for the children in our care, we look forward to hearing from you.
*This post is subject to specific funding on a Fixed Term basis and will expire on 17th July 2019 unless terminated sooner by prior notice of either party. Its purpose is to carry out duties associated with supporting a child within the school in line with a current Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) and will terminate on the above date; upon the cessation of the EHCP Funding or when the child leaves the school, whichever is the sooner. There is no guarantee of further employment at the end of this contract.
Ryhope Junior School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
An Application Form and further information are attached in the Supporting Documents or can be obtained by sending a large stamped addressed envelope to the School Business Manager, Mrs A Lough at Ryhope Junior School, Shaftesbury Avenue, Ryhope, Sunderland SR2 0RT.
Completed Application forms should be returned for the attention of Mrs Lough, School Business Manager via email to email@example.com or via post to the above address.
Closing Date: 21.02.2020
Shortlisting Date: 24.02.2020
Interview Date: 28.02.2020