Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/02/2020 23:59
£40,949 - £50,159 Annually
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Social Care - Children Service
Stockton’s EPS continues to expand and you will be joining a friendly, high quality and committed team. The team is trained in Emotion Coaching and Human Givens principles. We are looking for EPs who perhaps share an interest in these but also want to contribute to ongoing restructuring and delivery of psychology across the full spectrum of EP activities.
Consultation is embedded fully and our recent PATH is looking at ways in which we can impact across all Children’s Services.
We want creative, forward thinking candidates with the knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to use psychological frameworks to facilitate change through preventative, early intervention and systemic work with schools and agencies, as well as statutory work.
You will need to be a fully qualified and HCPC registered psychologist, or due to complete your training this year and eligible to register.
We will provide you with:
• LA wide work life/flexible working policy including flexi time, mobile working (applications from those who wish to work part time/job share will be welcomed)
• Up to 31 days’ leave per year
• Opportunities for you to determine which psychological framework is most appropriate to effect change and outcomes in a proactive manner
• Opportunities to develop areas of interest to the benefit of CYP and the LA alongside the generic EP role
• A committed and supportive team of colleagues, including admin
• Opportunities to develop supervision skills
• Free on-site parking
• Office facilities including a wide range of resources and assessment tools
• Regular team meetings, peer supervision, a commitment to ongoing, high quality CPD opportunities and individual supervision
• Mileage and HCPC fees paid
• Links with the university training course
We look forward to hearing from you if you:
• Enjoy applying and using evidence-based psychology in a range of settings to improve outcomes
• Have a desire to work collaboratively with the team and other partners to develop innovative service delivery models
• Enjoy working with a level of independence expected of all EPs
• Are optimistic, reliable, energetic, resilient and reflective and able to respond flexibly to the needs of the team, LA priorities, schools and settings
• Have a desire to use therapeutic methods of working with children and young people
An online application form and further information is available from www.stockton.gov.uk/jobs.
Please refer to the Job Description and the essential and desirable criteria in the Person Specification when completing the Personal Statement on the application form, as this information is used to select candidates for interview.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Judith Garbutt, Senior Educational Psychologist on 01642 527110 or email Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form is available in alternative formats from Xentrall Recruitment Services, tel: 01642 526992 or email email@example.com
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council ensures that all customers, both internal and external receive a consistently high quality level of service.
This job is closed for applications.