Assistant Headteacher - Pastoral Lead
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/02/2020 12:00
Leadership L8-12: £48,808 - £53,856 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
North Gosforth Academy, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 6EJ.
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Gosforth Federated Academies
North Gosforth Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required by April 2020.
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Following the current post holder's appointment as HMI, Schools, North Gosforth Academy are seeking a highly motivated and inspirational Assistant Headteacher.
The successful candidate will provide proactive support to the Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher and ensure that the leadership and management of the Academy operate at the most effective level possible. We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven leader with experience in developing and implementing new initiatives either within a department or whole school.
As a Senior Leader you will be a highly visible part of our school community and must therefore model the highest levels of professionalism, whilst being able to develop strong working relationships with staff and students.
What we need:
• Evidence of successful engagement / long-term interest in pastoral work
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• Evidence of leadership and teamwork activities
• Ability to relate well to students in teaching and pastoral roles
• Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
• A sense of humour and adaptability
• Ability to respond consistently and professionally to challenging behaviours of all kinds.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of an on-site gym
• A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please note you will be employed by the Gosforth Group Ltd and will work across all locations within the Multi Academy Trust as required.
North Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Alternatively visit our website http://www.gosforthacademy.org.uk/north-gosforth for further details and an application form.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications is 12 noon on Monday 17 February 2020.
This job is closed for applications.