Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/02/2020 12:00
£57,986 - £66,517 pa (L15-L21)
Schools - Teaching
Greenfields Community Primary School, Taylor Avenue, Wideopen, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6NB
Group 2; Range L15-L21
(£57,986 - £66,517)
NOR: 300 (at January 2020)
Required for 1st September 2020
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen at this highly successful school for an enthusiastic and inspirational Headteacher, due to the forthcoming retirement of our current Headteacher.
We are a larger than average primary school offering an innovative enquiry based curriculum. We have achieved many awards and standards, including Artsmark Gold, Basic Skills Quality Mark, Eco-Schools Award, Primary Geography Quality Mark, Green Tree School Gold Award, Healthy Schools Award, Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence, Quality Mark for History Gold Award, International School Award, Primary Science Quality Mark, School Games Mark Gold. With a solar panel installation on site, we are proud of our record on sustainability; to date we have generated over 60,000 kWh of electricity. Our curriculum reflects our commitment to environmental awareness, sustainability and renewable technologies.
We are proud of our school that at the most recent Local Authority Assisted Review, it was reported that the school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding, as is pupils’ behaviour. Pupils are polite, considerate and show impeccable manners. Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is a strong feature of the school. Pupils value and respect everyone equally, regardless of race, ethnicity or belief.
In 2013, Ofsted rated Greenfields as a “Good” school and this was confirmed at the most recent HMI visit in 2017. Inspectors were very complimentary about many aspects of the school, including the school’s “clear vision that places the academic, social and emotional needs of pupils at the heart of the school”; the children’s “consistently high standards of behaviour and excellent attitudes to learning”; and the “highly stimulating curriculum that combines academic rigour with access to a range of enriching experiences through the enquiry-based curriculum”
We are looking for someone who will:
• expand and develop our vision to deliver continued improvement • have proven strategic leadership and management experience.
• demonstrate improvements in quality of teaching and learning to an outstanding level
• demonstrate the ability to engage, motivate, support and enable others
• foster excellent relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors and other stakeholders
• have the care and commitment to ensure that every child achieves their full potential, both academically and as well rounded individuals
• be able to respond positively to challenge and change
• be approachable to all and promote a happy, safe, inclusive learning environment
We can offer you the opportunity:
• to work with a highly motivated staff team and a committed, supportive and proactive Governing Board
• to actively engage in your continuing professional development
• to develop working relationships with our strong and active partnerships
Greenfields Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
School visits prior to submitting applications are welcomed. Please contact the school office, on (0191) 643 2801 to arrange an appointment.
Application packs can be downloaded from www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
Please return completed forms to:
Closing date: Tuesday 25 February 2020 noon
Short listing: Wednesday 26 February 2020
Interview dates: Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 March 2020
This job is closed for applications.