Supervisory Assistant (2 posts)
Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/02/2020 16:00
Schools - Support
Shotton Primary School
Required from 16th March 2020 (or as soon as possible after this date)
Part Time/ Term Time Only/Hours: 7.5 hours per week (working hours: 12:00 – 13:30)
The Governors are seeking to appoint two reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking lunchtime supervisors to be part of an existing team. The successful candidates will be required to be flexible and be prepared to work in all areas of the school and be responsible for the care and supervision of the children before, during and after meals.
• Supervise the washing of hands of pupils.
• Supervise safe entry/exit into/from the dining hall by pupils.
• Support the ethos and policies of the school, in particular the Behaviour policy.
• To supervise children anywhere on the school premises during the lunchtime period, ensuring good conduct in behaviour, in accordance with the school’s Behaviour Policy.
• To work as a member of a team to secure the safety, welfare, well-being and good conduct of children during the mid-day period.
• Assist pupils during the meal service, clearing up any spillages promptly.
• To engage children in suitable games and activities when they are on the playground or in the classrooms of the weather is inclement.
• Provide pastoral care and support, to sick and injured children taking appropriate action as necessary ensuring parents and school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents.
• Initiate games and activities, where appropriate, whilst maintaining broad supervision.
• Perform basic first aid for minor incidents/accidents.
• Present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
• The post holder may undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
• The post holder is required to undertake any training in order to carry out their responsibilities satisfactorily.
Application forms are available from this website and should be returned to the school.
This job is not open to job share
Closing Date: 28th February at 4pm
Interview Date: 9th March 2020
This position is paid whole time with retainer adjustments applied to periods of school closure. You will not be required to work during the school closure periods however your salary in these periods will be adjusted accordingly in line with the retainer regulations as specified in the National Joint Council (NJC) Green Book agreement.
Shotton Primary School
Tel: 0191 526 2006
This job is closed for applications.