Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Leadership 18-24: £61,808 - £71,590 per annum depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Brunton First School, Roseden Way, Great Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 9BD
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Brunton First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for September 2020.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and inspirational leader to further develop our popular and successful school following the current headteacher’s retirement. As a foundation school within the Gosforth Schools’ Trust, we work together with nine first schools and two middle schools within Gosforth to provide a world class educational experience for young people in our local area.
Our school was judged as Good at the last Ofsted inspection in 2019 and governors and staff recognise the need to continue to work hard to ensure our pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their lives. We are looking for someone with the drive, energy and commitment to continue to move the school forward and be outward-facing within a changing education world.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• is able to work with the Governing Body and other stakeholders to develop a strategic vision for the future and build on our positive, caring and inclusive school ethos
• has an inspirational and inclusive leadership style and be able to further develop our collaborative approach to empower and motivate a large team of teaching and support staff to reach their full potential
• is passionate and creative about teaching and learning and believes in
the potential of all pupils and staff, whilst continuing to raise standards
• has very high expectations of behaviour for learning
• is committed to our inclusive approach which celebrates cultural, religious, ethnic and linguistic diversity
• Implements change whilst balancing continuous improvement with a
respect for staff and their wellbeing
• is a strategic thinker who can translate broad aims into effective operational plans
• is capable of effectively managing finances, resources and people
• has excellent inter personal and communication skills
• can maintain and strengthen our current links with parents and the wider community.
In return we can offer you:
• a warm and welcoming inclusive school with happy, well behaved children who enjoy learning
• the support of our dedicated team of staff and Governors in implementing a vision of excellence
• the opportunity to lead our lively, friendly and hard-working team of staff
• the opportunity to develop our commitment to distributed leadership and management
• established positive relationships with parents and the local community
• the opportunity to work collaboratively with other Headteachers and our trust community.
• the opportunity to actively engage in your continued professional development.
Please contact our current Headteacher if you would like an informal discussion about the school, or the opportunity to visit before applying.
This school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
This post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information. Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Application packs are available:
• To download from the school website www.bruntonfirst.newcastle.sch.uk
• From school by forwarding a large SAE to: Mrs Metcalf, Brunton First School, at the above address.
Applications should be returned to school via e-mail to:
The closing date for applications is 3pm on Thursday 5 March 2020
Shortlisting: Week beginning Monday 9 March 2020
Assessment/Interviews: Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 March 2020.