Headteacher - Grange Park Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£57,986 - £67,183
Schools - Teaching
Grange Park Primary School
Together for Children Sunderland, on behalf of:
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
Grange Park Primary School
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 – 549 0707
Headteacher: Pauline Wood
Applications are invited for the position of
Required: 1st September 2020
ISR Group 2, Salary L15 – L21: £57,986 - £67,183 (STCPD 2020)
Grange Park Primary School is looking for a dynamic, ambitious and committed Headteacher to join and lead our thriving, friendly and inspirational school in September 2020.
Here at Grange Park Primary School honesty, integrity and ambition are qualities which lie at the heart of all we do. We believe that every child can achieve their potential. We strive to give the children in our school the lifelong learning skills to empower them to choose the life they want. Our lasting message is, “never give up”.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will:
- Inspire and lead with vision, passion and innovation, demonstrating a ‘hands on’
- Direct our strategic vision, leading an inclusive curriculum, delivering a provision which meets the needs of all our children;
- Be passionate and relentless in improving educational standards;
- Provide high quality leadership and management;
- Have resilience and drive, and have a proven track-record of delivering strong
- Have excellent budget management skills and experience;
- Communicate effectively to actively nurture and develop the partnerships that
benefit the school community;
- Engage and challenge our teachers to deliver the highest quality of teaching for our children.
What we can offer you:
- An excellent opportunity to be the leader of an outstanding school;
- A competitive salary;
- A healthy school budget to give you a great starting point for continuous
- Active governors who are proud of their school and offer high quality support.
How to apply:
Visits to the school, led by the Chair of Governors, are warmly welcomed at 1.30pm and
4pm on 27 February or 3 March 2020. If you would like to come along to meet us, please
either contact the school office by telephone: 0191 549 0707 or Mary Hodgson, governor:
07821 218 356
Application packs are available to download from NE Jobs or by contacting the HR team at
Together for Children (0191 561 7233). Please return completed applications to:
- The closing date for applications is noon on the 5th March 2020
- Short listing will be held on 10th March 2020
- Interviews will be held on 27th March 2020
If you do not hear anything within 6 weeks of the shortlisting date, please assume that you
have been unsuccessful.
The Governing Board of Grange Park Primary School and Sunderland City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.