Independent Reviewing Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£38,813 - £42,683
Social Care - Children Service
Your usual base will be Coulson Street, Spennymoor, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Children and Young Peoples Services
Children’s Social Care – Safeguarding & Professional Practice
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/20/51
Post title: Independent Reviewing Officer – full time– permanent
Salary: £38,813 - £42,683 Grade 13
Job Location: Your usual base will be Coulson Street, Spennymoor, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
As an IRO, you will be passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable children and their families and will set high expectations for all professionals working with children.
You will be responsible for:
• Act as an Independent Chairperson in Looked After Reviews Overseeing the progression of timely and high quality plans for those children looked after by the local authority.
• Chair Child Protection Conferences, private fostering reviews, secure accommodation reviews, foster carer reviews, disruption meetings and complex planning meetings, holding all involved agencies to account in ensuring that children living in high risk situations at home are protected, and their needs are met.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who:
• Are qualified social workers, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
• Have 5 years post-qualifying experience with Children and Families
• Are focused on improving outcomes for children and families.
• Are able to establish constructive working relationships with staff in Children and Young People’s Services and other agencies.
• Have the confidence and ability to work constructively with senior managers, offering a critical perspective and appropriate challenge
• Final professional Social Care qualification to diploma level - Diploma in Social Work or equivalent.
• HCPC Registration.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Sharon Davey on 03000 266214 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Thursday 5 March 2020
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact Payroll & Employee Services on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.