Re-ad DBS3807 Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£21,589 - £22,911 pa
Any location within North Tyneside
North Tyneside Council Housing is seeking an ambitious, professional and enthusiastic individual to join its Operations team, reporting to the Neighbourhood Housing Manager.
The purpose of the Neighbourhood Housing Officer is to ensure our tenancies are sustained by providing a range of support and enforcement measures. You will manage a small neighbourhood area and deliver a range of services to achieve performance targets and maximise customer satisfaction. The neighbourhood Housing Officer will undertake a variety of management duties within the team but the role will primarily focus on supporting tenants through:
• Minimising rent arrears
• Minimising the impact of Welfare reform and in particular the Introduction of Universal Credit
• Carrying out home visits and estate inspections
• Dealing with breaches of the tenancy agreement
In this role you will be in daily contact with people helping them resolve any housing debt or tenancy related issues. Ideally candidates will demonstrate the following.
• Experience of working in either a social housing / finance / property management role.
• Good numeracy, negotiation and communication skills and a proven track record of meeting targets.
• Ability to manage workloads to meet a range of deadlines
• A strong ability to provide equality and diversity in all work undertaken
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please be advised that this position will require an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.