DBS470/20 Teaching Assistant - Whitehouse Primary School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/02/2020 09:00
£15,934.89 - £16,614.86 pa pro rata
Schools - Support
Whitehouse Primary School, Whitehouse Lane, North Shields, NE29 8PE
Whitehouse Primary School is a smaller than average primary school with 233 on role including a Nursery and two year-old provision. We are a highly inclusive and caring school and house an Additional Resourced Provision for pupils with MLD. The school is a Trust school and is part of the North Tyneside Learning Trust. Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated support team.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in an appropriate discipline
• Have recent experience of supporting children in their learning, ideally across all Key Stages
• Have a knowledge and understanding of the national curriculum
• Ideally have experience of working with individual children and small groups as well as whole classes
• Experience of working with children with additional needs is desirable
• Confident in working with technology to support learning
• Ideally have experience of planning and delivering intervention programmes including Better Reading Programme, Fresh Start, dyslexia and dyscalculia intervention programmes as necessary
You will work 35 hours per week. The post permanent, term-time only over 195 days, you will be expected to attend Inset days and staff meetings. You may also be asked to run after-school activities.
Whitehouse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9:00am on Monday 27th February 2020.
Short-listing will take place on Friday 28th February 2020
Interviews will take place on Monday 2nd March 2020
The successful candidate is expected to start on Monday 16th March 2020 or as soon as possible afterwards.
This job is closed for applications.