DBS471/20 Playworker - King Edward Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/02/2020 12:00
£18,795 - £19,171 pa pro rata
Schools - Support
King Edward Primary School, Preston Avenue, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE30 2BD
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible Playworker to join our amazing team at our popular Out of School Club based in King Edward Primary School. Our club is open 51 weeks a year, closing for one week at Christmas, so the post is for a full year position. This will involve working before and after school times during term time and all day throughout the school holidays. While the post is for 16 hours, we anticipate there will be scope for additional hours, especially during school holidays. This is determined on a weekly basis in response to the number of children booked into the club for each session.
We are extremely proud of our provision which is highly praised by parents and Ofsted. The successful candidates will undertake the following duties:
• Make effective use of opportunities to provide play activities to support the development of children’s skills and experiences
• Establish productive working relationships with children, acting as a role model and setting high expectations for behaviour
• Work with management to establish an appropriate play environment
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure all children have equal access to opportunities to play, learn and develop
• Work cooperatively with colleagues within the club and across the school more widely
For further details about the club and for application information about our school and childcare provision, please see the ‘OOSC’ section of our website. The application form and job description are attached to download.
Applications should be returned by post or email to email@example.com no later than 12.00pm on Thursday 27th February and we will be holding interviews week commencing 2nd March 2020.
King Edward Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
King Edward Primary School
Tyne and Wear
This job is closed for applications.