Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
N4: £18,795 - £19,945 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £15,589 - £16,543 per annum.
Hours per week:
37 hours per week.
Schools - Support
Beech Hill Primary Academy, Linhope Road, West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2LW.
This school has 'Academy' status and you will not be directly employed by Newcastle City Council.
Beech Hill Primary Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
37 hours per week
Term time only.
Valour Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Admin Assistant to join the team at Beech Hill Primary.
The post holder’s main duties will be:
1. To assist with the administrative function of the school office, including answering the telephones; emails; general enquiries; card payments; document scanning and queries from parents and pupils.
2. Administering the school dinner system; taking & recording payments; liaising with kitchen staff; controlling the dinner band system; producing daily/weekly kitchen figures; keeping check on dinner money debt; ordering packed lunches for trips and preparing money for banking.
3. Welcoming parents and visitors into school and adhering to our safeguarding policies, especially when allowing visitors access to the school premises. Recording DBS on system & ensure all visitors are cleared to enter the school premises.
4. Recording daily absences, picking up voicemails; keeping record of pupil’s appointments and liaising with the Attendance Officer.
5. General clerical duties such as photocopying; printing weekly packed lunch sheets; meal payer’s sheets and band system sheets and to operate the payment card system.
6. Keeping parents informed through email, distribution of newsletter and telephone calls.
See also Job Description.
This school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
This post may involve working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information. Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Application packs will be available to collect from Beech Hill Primary school. Application packs will also be available through our website: www.beechhill.newcastle.sch.uk and through www.jobs.newcastle.gov.uk
Please send completed application packs to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Beech Hilll Primary Academy, at the above address. Please telephone 0191 267 8113 if you have any questions.
Closing Date: 06/03/2020 @ 12noon
Shortlisting Date: 11/03/2020
Interview Date: 17/03/2020.