Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/02/2020 23:00
£39,782 - £42,683
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Newcastle upon Tyne
NEPO undertakes high-value procurement in major strategic areas of spend in partnership with North East local authorities (known as our Member Authorities) and a range of nationwide Associate Members.
Our vision is to achieve benefits through collaborative procurement. This means that we are focussed on delivering positive outcomes for our Member Authorities, regional supply base and over 600 Associate Members from the wider public sector. In addition to delivering a collaborative procurement work programme of £300M, NEPO is responsible for the NEPO Portal and the NEPO Business Club programme of support for our suppliers.
NEPO is a forward-thinking organisation that supports personal development and provides a unique opportunity to work collaboratively across the North East public sector.
NEPO employees benefit from:
• Flexible working
• Access to technology that enables agile working
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Annual leave ranging from 25 to 30 days (depending on length of service), plus public holidays
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers
• Offices based in the heart of Newcastle’s Quayside with great links by public transport and road
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as Category Specialist.
The successful candidate will:
• lead and manage procurement activity for major spend categories or group of categories for the public sector in the North East region and nationally working flexibly and innovatively across the Collaborative Procurement Work Programme
• support the delivery of the Collaborative Procurement Strategy whilst continuously driving performance across the organisation
• explore and maximise commercial opportunities available across all Collaborative Procurement activities
• provide specialist professional procurement guidance and support across a portfolio of category areas (Goods, Services, Works) to NEPO and its Members Authorities. Further information regarding the NEPO Categories can be found here https://www.nepo.org/solutions
• be responsible for the strategic leadership of a nominated category/categories including the management of workload and resources and the delivery of successful objectives.
The role may suit an experienced and ambitious Procurement Officer looking to take the next step in their procurement career.
Procurement represents a fantastic choice for individuals looking for a varied and exciting role with great career prospects. The current economic climate has seen an increasing number of organisations turn to their procurement teams to deliver growth and generate income.
The deadline for applications is 23:00 on Monday, 24th February 2020
Interviews are anticipated to be held Friday, 6th March 2020
Applications will only be accepted via https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Joanne Peacock via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07585 986 285
No recruitment agencies please.
For further information about NEPO and its work, please visit our website at www.nepo.org.
This job is closed for applications.