Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£30,599 - £40,490 plus £2,209
Schools - Teaching
Ashington/Newbiggin By The Sea
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant SENDCo to become part of Bishop’s Primary School within Northumberland Church of England Academy Trust. Under the leadership of the SENDCo and Principal and in collaboration with the Heads of Campus, you will ensure high standards for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Bishop’s Primary School consists of five Primary campuses and four Early Years Centres. The post holder will join our SEND team and will be required to work flexibly across all the sites.
Applicants should have:
• Experience of managing SEND and the Graduated Approach in a Primary school.
• An understanding of mental health needs affecting young children.
• A proven track record of excellent classroom practice and mentoring skills.
• A passion for achievement.
• A commitment to promote and maintain the ethos of the Academy.
• An understanding of data.
• The drive to secure even better outcomes and further continued improvement in the academic and personal wellbeing of our pupils.
What we can offer:
• An excellent staff team who are committed to raising standards.
• An outward looking School that works well within the community.
• Pupils who are enthusiastic to succeed.
• A welcoming environment with a commitment to the development of staff and pupils.
If you believe you can make a significant contribution to the learning of our pupils with SEND then we want to hear from you. Our pupils need you to have the capacity to inspire, enthuse and challenge them.
Northumberland Church of England Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; therefore successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check.