DBS520/20 Deputy Headteacher - Longbenton High School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£65,561 - £72,306pa
Schools - Teaching
Longbenton High School, Longbenton
Longbenton High School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who is passionate and knowledgeable about effective, research-based teaching and learning strategies, and who is fully committed to developing and supporting practices that will drive excellent standards and progress across the full age and ability range of the school.
We are a fully inclusive school, in a wonderful modern building, that is dedicated to both supporting and challenging all members of our diverse community and to develop the potential in all our students, no matter what their starting points are.
This is an exciting time to join us and make your impact in senior leadership. The existing postholder has recently been appointed to lead the school as Headteacher from September 2020.
The successful candidate would be joining a hugely committed senior team, where morale is high, and there is a relentless ambition to do the best for our school community.
We are not looking for a specific set of skills or background as there is a broad range of experience in the senior team, although we would expect leadership experience and a track record of positive impact, ideally in more than one school.
We are looking for candidates who:
1. Are ethical leaders, with values and integrity at the heart of any leadership philosophy and outlook.
2. Have excellent communication and people skills alongside emotional intelligence.
3. Understand what excellent teaching and learning looks like, can demonstrate this themselves, and develop this in others.
4. Have an in-depth knowledge and experience of leading effective school improvement.
5. Can interpret and analyse data to help pinpoint areas for development and improvement.
6. Are passionate about the transformative power of education, care about young people, and are willing to challenge complacency in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for all learners.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated professional to join our school and make a difference to the lives of our students and the community we serve.
Visits to the school are welcome (Monday 16th March at 2pm and Tuesday 17th March at 9.30am) and can be arranged through Ms Rowan Standish, PA to the Headteacher, on 0191 218 9500, or by email at RS@longbenton.org.uk. Completed application forms should be returned to Ms Rowan Standish, preferably via email.
Further information regarding the post, including an applicant pack, can be found on our website at www.longbenton.org.uk
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 23rd March 2020 at 12 noon. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd April 2020.
Longbenton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.