Student Health and Welfare Support Worker
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/03/2020 12:00
N4: £18,795 - £19,945 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £15,565 - £16,517 per annum.
Hours per week:
36 hours per week.
Schools - Support
Sir Charles Parsons School, Westbourne Avenue, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 4ED.
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Sir Charles Parsons School
Newcastle upon Tyne
36 hours per week
Term time, 38 weeks worked
Plus 5 additional days worked during school closure as directed by the school.
Sir Charles Parsons School is a secondary school (11 - 19) catering for students who experience significant and profound learning difficulties. This includes students whose behaviour may at times challenge those supporting them. The school was judged by Ofsted to be an ‘outstanding school’ after its last three inspections in October 2006, June 2010 and January 2019.
In June 2011, the school moved into new, state of the art purpose built accommodation.
Due to the school’s continued growth and increasing student numbers, we are looking to permanently appoint a number of Student Health and Welfare Support Workers.
Candidates should be:
• enthusiastic and keen to support and develop new initiatives;
• able to work effectively as a members of a team with educational and other professionals, both from within and outside the school;
• committed to improving the provision offered to our students through rigorous professional self review and development; and;
• resilient and able to focus on finding solutions to the issues and problems experienced in any school.
Student Health and Welfare Support Worker post-holders will provide health, welfare and educational support on a 1:1 basis to designated students who have significant health or welfare needs.
Candidates should note the working hours for these posts include working until 4.40pm every Monday and until 5.10pm on either a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. All necessary training to enable the successful candidates to fulfil the responsibilities of their posts will be provided.
You will join a school:
• with a friendly, supportive team ethos;
• that provides excellent professional development opportunities;
• which is dynamic, forward looking and constantly challenging itself to further improve the quality of provision it provides.
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Application forms are downloadable from the school’s website at www.scp.newcastle.sch.uk or available from and returnable to Mrs. Ann Taylor, School Business Manager on email at email@example.com or telephone number 0191 295 2280.
Closing Date: Friday 27 March 2020 at 12 Noon.
This job is closed for applications.