Teaching Assistant Grade 3
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/03/2020 12:00
£18,426 - £19,171
Schools - Support
Bournmoor Primary School
Bournmoor Primary School – Teaching Assistant Grade 3
Required from after Easter but no later than 1 May 2020
Full time and Term Time Only plus 2 weeks
Temporary until: 31 April 2021. One Year Contract (Initially)
The Headteacher and Governors of Bournmoor Primary School are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who can demonstrate their knowledge and experience working with children of primary age. You will be required to support children primarily with special educational needs (including those with an EHCP) within school, initially within Key Stage 1. We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational teaching assistant who will promote high standards and inclusive practice for the child(ren) they support. Starting as soon as possible the successful candidate will be working alongside an experienced class teacher.
We aim to appoint a teaching assistant who:
• has high expectations for all children and offers a fully inclusive, safe learning environment;
• is able to work as part of our friendly team and share good practice;
• is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life;
• has experience delivering high quality support to pupils with SEND;
• demonstrates high standards in their practice which meet the varying learning and social needs of child(ren) they support.
In return we offer:
• a small, friendly school with a strong sense of community;
• engaged pupils who enjoy learning;
• committed governors who recognise good practice and support school development;
• a dedicated team who are committed to the children;
• a supportive environment where shared practice is well established and part of our school ethos;
• excellent professional development opportunities.
The post closes on Tuesday 31st March 2020.
Interview and observations will take place on Thursday 2nd April 2020.
The successful candidate will start as soon as possible after Easter but no later than 1st May 2020.
For further information about this post please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Laura Snowdon, at the school. Application packs are available from the school via email (email@example.com)
Visits to the school are welcome and will be arranged by appointment. Please telephone the school office to book a time.
This post is not open to job share.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required’
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Headteacher: Laura Snowdon
Bournmoor Primary School,
Telephone number: 0191 3854291
This job is closed for applications.