Principal - Jesmond Park Academy
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/04/2020 12:00
Leadership L28-L35: £79,748 - £94,69 per annum, depending on relevant experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Jesmond Park Academy
Jesmond Park West
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 281 8486
Required by September 2020 or January 2021.
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13. In the next few years two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Jesmond Park Academy is an increasingly successful school which joined the MAT in September 2019 after several of years of school to school support following an Ofsted inspection in 2016 where it was rated ‘Inadequate’. School to school support has been provided through the secondment of key senior staff from Gosforth Academy which will end in September.
At Jesmond Park Academy, we are well positioned to move from strength to strength. The teamwork and dedication of all staff is helping to ensure that all students can ‘Create their future!’
We are seeking an inspirational, dynamic and industrious Principal to join an exciting phase of the Academy’s and MAT’s development. You will work guided by the MAT Executive team and in close partnership with your fellow principals at our other schools.
What we need:
• An outstanding leader whose professionalism, expertise and enthusiasm are always manifest
• The ability to ensure the highest standards of behaviour, mutual respect and attendance
• An organised, digitally competent person, able to formulate and secure school improvement
• A passion for strategic leadership
• The ability to secure excellent achievement across all key stages
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Complete commitment to the core values of the Gosforth Group.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A Sixth form with considerable future potential
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of our gym and excellent sports facilities.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
We are absolutely committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity. We aim for our workforce to be representative of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
We hope you’ll visit our websites to find out more about us. Currently JPA has a separate site – a new merged MAT website is expected very soon. This link enables you to download the JPA prospectus.
Visits will take place on the following dates:
25 and 26 March 2020
Please refer to the Applicant letter for full details of how to apply
Closing date for applications:
12 noon on 1 April 2020
2 April 2020
21 and 22 April 2020
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.
This job is closed for applications.