Residential Child Care Worker
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£13,952.50 - £30,507.00 Annually
Hours per week:
Part time & full time
Social Care - Children Service
1 x 18.5 hours per week (£13,952.50 - £15,253.50)
1 x 37 hours per week (£27,905.00 - £30,507.00)
Both posts include shift work, sleep overs and weekend working
Please indicate which post(s) you are applying for at the top of your Personal Statement within your application form.
Our Residential Homes care for children who are looked after by the Local Authority and we also have a Short Break Centre for children with a disability.
The post’s will be based within our Residential Homes for looked after children and the successful candidates will:
• Be exceptional, enthusiastic and creative child focused individuals
• Have the ability to work with young people with complex and additional needs
• Be able to effectively extend these skills to the young people’s families/carers and professionals
• Ensure young people are nurtured, happy, healthy and safe from harm
• Ensure young people are able to develop, thrive and fulfil their full potential
• Act as a corporate parent for Children Looked After and be an assertive champion for Children in Need in accordance with the Guide to the Children’s Homes Regulations including the quality standards
Applicants should have experience of working with children and young people either in a residential care or related setting. Applicants should hold the NVQ Level 3 CCYP or the Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3 or a suitable equivalent qualification.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Lizzy Waring, Registered Manager on 01325 469755 or Dawn Burnip, Senior Registered Manager on 01325 406154.
An online application form and further information are available from www.darlington.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Alternatively, you can contact Xentrall Recruitment Services, Tel: (01642) 526992 or email: email@example.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check