Admin Assistant - Central Locality Children’s Services Team.
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/05/2020 23:59
£18,795 - £19,171
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Foundry House Day Centre
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Administrative Assistant within Central Locality Children’s Services Team.
This is a busy admin team and your role within it will be to ensure that the day to day essential administrative tasks are carried out.
Your tasks will include:
1. To assist in the co-ordination and organisation of reviews, diary appointments, etc for the social work staff.
2. Arrange meetings including the preparation of materials
3. Attend meetings, taking accurate minutes and ensuring distribution as requested. 4. In accordance with service demands provide office administration tasks such as typing, petty cash, photocopying, scanning and uploading on to electronic client records.
5. Maintain information systems such as filing, booking systems, client records ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, ease of use and rapid access
6. Ensure care and reconciliation of petty cash and other amounts of cash or cheques.
7. Receive telephone calls, deal with visitors, take messages and answer enquiries, in compliance with the service’s customer care standards.
8. Deal with incoming and outgoing post in accordance with established procedures, ensuring that cheques and money orders arriving or leaving by the postal system are dealt with according to financial procedures.
Organisation of your work without/or limited supervision, managing interruptions/conflicting demands and the ability to deal with change are all essential in this role. This is an extremely supportive, collaborative team where effective communication is essential and commitment to providing a quality service is expected.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £18,795 (pro-rata)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- A supportive environment
For more information, please refer to the attached job description and for guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes
This post closes at midnight on the 26th May 2020.
For further information, please contact Paula Brewis on 01670 536030 or e-mail email@example.com for an informal discussion.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please contact Paula Brewis or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is closed for applications.