Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/06/2020 23:59
£22,911 - £26,317 pro rata
Schools - Support
St Margaret's C E Primary School
HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT (Full Time, Term Time Only)
Grade 7 (Point 15-22 (£22,911-£26,317 pro rata)
Required for September 2020 (or once schools re-open)
This is a temporary post in the first instance and will finish on 31/08/2021.
37 hours per week
Term time only
At St. Margaret’s CE (Cont.) Primary School our ethos is underpinned by our vision statement which is ‘Let your light shine…’ and was described in a recent SIAMS inspection as a place,’… that does not just shine, it powerfully glows like a beacon of light within the school and beyond.’ (SIAMS 2019)
We are looking to appoint a caring, creative and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who will contribute to raising standards of pupils’ achievement and undertake a range of learning activities, under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher, SENCO and senior colleagues.
The successful applicant will work across the school covering PPA and management time as well as interventions.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant or equivalent qualification
• Have a good standard of GCSE qualifications Grade A-C, especially in English and Maths
• Have a good knowledge of phonics
• Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Demonstrate excellent behaviour management skills
• Work as a part of a team, learning with and from other colleagues
• Enjoy working independently and with initiative
• Be able to work effectively with children either individually and in small groups to enable them to achieve their best
• Be highly organised and have good time management skills
• Be flexible, proactive and resourceful
• Understand confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
• Be able to uphold the Christian ethos of the school
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS check.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
This post is not open to job share.
Application packs can be downloaded from this webpage and should be returned to school by post or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date: June 1st 2020
Interview date: TBC
Calculation of term time only pay
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive
31 days annual leave. For example:
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
St. Margaret’s Church of England Primary School
Telephone (0191) 384 7331
Fax (0191) 384 1852
This job is closed for applications.