Pause Administration Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/05/2020 23:45
£16,965 - £18,590 FTE
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Pause works with women who have experienced - or are at risk of - repeated pregnancies that result in children needing to be removed from their care.
Working with the Pause coordinator and practitioners you will provide administrative support to the team who work with women with complex need across the region.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provision of administrative support to Pause North East to ensure smooth running of the programme;
• Receiving and coordinating incoming correspondence and telephone calls quickly and efficiently and ensuring team members are kept informed promptly and appropriately;
• Support and enhance the work of the Pause North East team;
• Assisting the development of effective systems for financial management of the women's resource across the service area;
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work with disadvantaged and vulnerable women in a wide variety of cultural contexts;
• A shared understanding of the ethics and core values that underpin Pause, alongside a commitment to develop and deliver trauma informed service;
• Working within a flexible framework in order to meet the demands of the service outside usual office hours and travel as required;
At Barnardo's we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our safer recruitment processes mean that the safety and welfare of the child is paramount at every stage of the process and therefore, we adopt rigorous scrutiny in our pre-employment checking. This post is subject to a range of pre-employment checks including a Criminal Records Enhanced Disclosure for the successful candidate.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
This job is closed for applications.