Specialist Speech Language and Communications Needs Teaching Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/05/2020 01:00
Schools - Support
Choppington Primary School and Mowbray Primary School
SPECIALIST SPEECH, LANGUAGE, AND COMMUNICATIONS NEEDS TEACHING ASSISTANT
Contract Type: Fixed term (1 year initially)
Working Pattern: Full time x1 employed by Choppington Primary School;
Part time x1 employed by Mowbray Primary School
Salary: Band 5 £21,589 - £23,836 FTE (To be be pro rata’d for the part time post)
Hours per week: 37 hours full time; 20 hours part time
Employment Location: Bedlington/Blyth Primary Schools
The Bedlington Partnership of schools are seeking to offer two positions as Specialist Speech, Language and Communication Needs Teaching Assistants to suitably qualified and experienced people.
The successful candidates will be required to deliver intensive teaching programmes over a time- limited period for pupils with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) and/or social communication needs. They will also facilitate the inclusion in mainstream schools of pupils with SLCN. The role will also involve training SEN support assistants and relevant staff in school and contribute to courses delivered by teachers.
One post is based at Choppington Primary School and one post at Mowbray Primary School. Both posts involve travel across the south west of Northumberland.
You will have:-
• a relevant qualification i.e. NVQ3 Child Care and Education or NNEB or equivalent.
• A specialist qualification in Speech Language and Communication and Autism e.g. OCNNER Level 3 or BTEC Level 3.
• Numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to NVQ 2 in English and Maths.
• Experience in working with/supporting pupils with speech and language difficulties in the mainstream classroom in Early Years and Key Stages 1 & 2.
• Experience in delivering Speech and Language Therapy Programmes
• The ability to travel distances between schools
Completed application forms should be returned to Choppington Primary School by noon on Friday 29th May 2020.
Interviews will be held week commencing 8th June 2020.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
This job is closed for applications.