Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/05/2020 10:00
MPS/UPS: £24,373 - £40,490 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £14,628 - £24,301 pa, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Part time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
English Martyrs' R.C. Primary School, Beaufront Gardens, Fenham, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 2SA.
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
English Martyrs’ RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Head Teacher: Miss M Elliott.
19.47 hours per week
Job Share – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Fixed term - 1 year appointment
Required for September 2020.
English Martyrs’ RC Primary is a highly respected 2 form entry Catholic school providing a good education for all our pupils. The opportunity has arisen for the governors to appoint an enthusiastic, committed, excellent classroom teacher who is sympathetic and supportive to the aims and ethos of a Catholic School.
Due to one of our current team (SENDCo) changing their teaching focus, this vacancy has arisen to form a job-share arrangement working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. (0.6).
English Martyrs’ strives to wrap children in an atmosphere of care, love and fun. We aim to provide for their moral, social, spiritual and cultural development so that they will have excellent attitudes and relationships.
You will be expected to make a full contribution to the life of the school following the catholic ethos.
Applications are welcomed from teachers who:
- are practicing Catholic or will be sympathetic to the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- are inspirational, innovative, dedicated and highly effective; committed to raising standards;
- are flexible and adaptable in their approach to teaching, and are able to demonstrate knowledge and skill to nurture our children towards reaching their full potential;
- have an excellent working knowledge of the primary curriculum; and related assessment procedures;
- have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a job- share and a team;
- have the commitment to contribute to the corporate life of the school.
We can offer you:
- a very strong catholic ethos;
- an enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff;
- highly motivated, friendly, polite and well behaved children;
- an inclusive school, where everyone matters;
- active and supportive governors, parents and parish community;
- a strong commitment to continuous professional development and a network of support from our family of schools and the Diocese.
All applicants are warmly encouraged to email the school for a telephone discussion with the Deputy Headteacher in lieu of visiting due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Please email: email@example.com to register your interest in this and to give details.
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website at www.englishmartyrs.newcastle.sch.uk or sent out electronically, by request to our School Business Manager Mrs Julie Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications and associated documents should be accompanied by a covering letter and sent electronically for the attention of the Headteacher, Maria Elliott email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27 May at 10am. Shortlisting will take place after this date.
After shortlisting, any successful candidates will be informed of arrangements for when the interviews will take place.
Please note - The structure and format of interviews will depend upon guidance at the time regarding COVID-19 social distancing. If a face to face interview is not possible due to national lockdown measures, we may need to carry out the
process through the medium of video conferencing. We hope to set some tasks for shortlisted candidates that can be emailed to school in advance of the interview date. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 27 May 2020 at 10am
Interview Date: Thursday 28 May 2020 (to be confirmed)
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applications from both NQT and experienced teachers are welcome.
This job is closed for applications.