Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Villa Real School
Temporary Cleaner Required from September 2020 – April 2021, Part Time
The Governors wish to appoint from September 2020 a reliable and hardworking cleaner to work as part of an existing cleaning team. They will be committed to maintaining a high standard of cleanliness.
• To clean a designated area of the school as allocated by the Caretaker/Head Teacher. This area may be changed, depending on the needs of the school.
• Cleaning, washing, sweeping and vacuuming in a variety of areas.
• Cleaning of public toilets, corridors etc. including children’s and staff toilets.
• Emptying of litter bins.
• Polishing and dusting of fixtures and fittings.
• Where appropriate use powered equipment.
• To keep appropriate light equipment, machinery and cleaning cupboards in a clean and hygienic condition.
Health & Safety
• To follow Health & Safety codes, Health & Safety Hygiene code / practices in relation to cleaning e.g. C.O.S.H.H., siting of wet floor signs, wearing protective clothing, using approved materials etc. The Caretaker will have a copy of the Health & Safety documents.
• Inform the Caretaker / Head Teacher of damage or defect to the premises / furnishings / machinery, removing or securing items to a safe place / standard until repair or disposal to ensure safe conditions at all times.
• Reporting all accidents to the Head Teacher.
• The cleaning and caretaking staff are expected to provide mutual assistance in the moving of furniture and equipment so as to enable each to carry out their respective duties.
Also any other duties as the Head Teacher may reasonably request from time to time.
Villa Real is a school for children with severe, profound multiple leaning difficulties, autism and challenging behaviour.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
This post is not open to job share
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Closing date: 30th June 2020 12 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 6th July 2020
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road
Tel: 01207 503651