Higher Level Teaching Assistant (ASD Base)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£21,589 - £22,911 (Actual salary £18,570 - £19,707)
Schools - Support
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (ASD Base) x 2
Grade G, £21,589 - £22,911 (actual salary £18,570 - £19,707)
37 hours per week, term time only plus 1 week
We are looking to appoint 2 motivated Higher Level Teaching Assistants to join Acklam Grange’s new ASD Base. The successful candidates will join a dedicated team in ARC Services and support the team in raising and maintaining high standards of student achievement whilst enabling students to become independent learners.
Acklam Grange School ASD Base aims to provide a supportive education for students on the autistic spectrum in meeting all their needs and helping them to prepare to live independent lives in modern day Britain. Students accessing the base will have the advantages of a small-scale, specialist provision, tailored to young people on the autistic spectrum. This will be combined with the opportunities provided by the resources and expertise of the mainstream staff. Students will, where appropriate, mix socially and learn together with the students from the wider school community.
By embedding the ethos of PRIDE, our curriculum will emphasise personal and social development alongside academic progress. We will be ambitious for our students, carefully tailoring learning activities to meet individual needs and promote progress and wellbeing.
All students accessing the Base will have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP).
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on 01 July 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1441) with first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We place the students at the heart of all that we do.
We gained Teaching School status in 2017 to provide high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer you:
• A school ranked in the top 20% of in the country for student progress for four years running.
• A school with a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects are valued.
• National Award winner for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress 2018’ by the Education Business Awards.
• The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough for four years running and ranked one of the top 5 in the Real Schools’ Guide of Teesside state secondary schools.
• Consistently outstanding GCSE results including 9-4 English & Maths 70%, 76% 9-4 English, 77% 9-4 Maths with 27 subjects performing above national figures.
• A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
• A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community.
• A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength.
• Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner which is nationally recognised.
• SSAT Award winners for 5 years running.
To apply please visit www.agsrecruit.com
Please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form.
Please return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 12 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.