Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£11.19 per hour full time
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
We are looking to appoint an experienced Site Manager to work across both of our sites, which are based in Ashington and Blyth. We wish to appoint as soon as all the relevant clearances have been made.
You will be required to:
1. Manage all property related budgets, preparing schedules of repairs and advising on property related health and safety issues.
2. Supervise the work of a team of cleaners, delegate work appropriately, provide clear guidance and motive staff to achieve service objectives and quality standards
3. Provide or ensure the provision of induction to the workplace and coach staff in work related tasks.
4. Ensure that staff adopt safe working practices in all aspects of work.
5. Ensure the security of the property is properly maintained, that users have access at appropriate times and that an appropriate response is made in the event of a property related incident.
6. Monitor the cleanliness of the property and ensure that standards are maintained.
7. Ensure that the heating and associated systems are operated and maintained in the approved manner, advising on conservation measures and take all necessary precautions against cold weather damage.
8. Monitor the usage of gas, electric and water supplies, ensuring that all reasonable and practicable measures are taken to minimise use and report abnormal consumption to the appropriate person.
9. Monitor and report on the general condition of the property, undertake minor repairs as required and ensure that all routine maintenance tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
10. Operate and maintain all ancillary plant and equipment as appropriate.
11. Ensure that all ventilation, access and exit points operate effectively and that fire-fighting appliances are readily accessible and properly maintained.
12. Ensure that the external areas of the property are kept free of litter and debris, litter and rubbish bins are emptied regularly and main access routes are kept clear of leaves, snow and ice as necessary.
13. Undertake a range of general porterage tasks that ensure the efficient movement of goods, equipment, furniture and other items around the property.
14. Ensure that relevant stocks of consumable items are maintained and distributed appropriately.
15. Undertake a range of DIY duties for which training has been undertaken and relevant equipment supplied.
16. Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post.
Any experience of driving the school minibus would also be an advantage
Please see job description for further information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Completed applications to be returned to:
The Dales School