Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Stephenson Way Academy and Nursery School, Newton Aycliffe
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Vacancy – Key Stage 2
Stephenson Way Academy and Nursery School
Fixed Term – 1 Year (Maternity Cover)
An exciting opportunity exists within our Trust for a Newly Qualified Teacher to join the teaching team at Stephenson Way Academy and Nursery School, Newton Aycliffe, Co. Durham from September 2020. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who will be able to:
• Set the highest of expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
• Promote at least good progress and outcomes for all groups of pupils.
• Demonstrate an in-depth subject knowledge for all subjects within the NC.
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons that are engaging and challenging.
• Adapt teaching and differentiate effectively to meet the needs of all pupils.
• Be committed to valuing every child.
• Put the needs of children above all else.
• Engage with parents.
• Manage behaviour effectively and in line with school policy.
• Assess accurately in line with school policy.
• Promote extra-curricular activities and opportunities to enrich children’s learning.
• Demonstrate the flexibility required to work across KS1 & KS2.
• Show a commitment to working collaboratively within the Trust.
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th June 2020. Due to the disruption from the COVID-19 pandemic, it is likely that we will be unable to observe the candidates teach, if this is the case, the selection process will be based upon how well the application meets the job description/personal specification, an unseen presentation and a structured panel interview.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th June 2020.
For more information about the role, please contact Mrs Tracy Page, Head Teacher, on 01325 300324.
Visits to school are actively encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Lynn Defty on 01325 300324.
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is attached and available on the Trust Website via www.tudhoelearningtrust.co.uk and must be returned to, email@example.com by 12 noon on the closing date.