Teaching Assistant 1:1 Support
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Malvin’s Close Academy, Albion Way, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 5TQ
2x Teaching Assistants to include 1:1 support – temporary
SCP 3 –4: £15,334-£15,641per annum (£18,065 -£18,426pro rata)
37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 INSET days
Required for September 2020
Vacancy reference: MC/2x1:1TA/SEPT20/EJ
We are seeking to appoint twohighly motivated 1:1Teaching Assistantsto join our enthusiastic team of professionals. Both posts are temporarylinked to EHCP funding.
You will perform a key role in supporting the child’slearning in all its aspects.You will work directly with the pupil, prepare the resources, 1:1 curriculum delivery and work on areas of Passport to Learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold arelevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching assistant qualification
- Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
- Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training.
- Be willing to help with self-care skills if needed.
- Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
- Be able to use ICT to support learning
Experience in working with childrenwith specific needs/SEN, would be desirable though not essential.
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070125 [option 5] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms can be returned by email to email@example.com
Please quote the vacancy reference on your application form.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Northumberland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 12noon on Thursday 4thJune 2020