Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/06/2020 22:59
£28,785 - £32,029 per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Social Care - Adult Service
Newcastle upon Tyne
Fixed term to 31 March 2021
Newcastle Welfare Rights Service is part of Active Inclusion Newcastle (AIN). AIN is a partnership approach developed to respond to the growth in demand for information, advice and support for financial inclusion and housing advice which needs to be met at the same time resources and capacity are reducing across the council and in other organisations in the city. We aim to improve the co-ordination and consistency of information, advice and support to facilitate more partners to help residents’ financial inclusion and to prevent homelessness. This helps us make the most of our limited resources to maintain the foundations for stability for residents; and income, somewhere to live, financial inclusion and employment opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Welfare Rights Officer who can demonstrate that they:
• Have a full understanding of the current relevant welfare benefits (and welfare reform) and the ability to explain this clearly, both verbally and in writing;
• Have a background in providing advice in the areas of welfare benefits. The post holders will take on a caseload;
• Have experience of giving specialist welfare benefits and income maximisation advice to the public as well as an ability to complete case notes and keep records;
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Are able to deal effectively with challenging behaviours or situations and liaise with people at all levels;
• Are able to represent clients at tribunals;
• Undertake triage duties;
• Participate in take-up campaigns as required;
• Are able to identify and describe opportunities for improvements to the administration of benefits and the co-ordination of support to respond to the demands of welfare reform.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
This job is closed for applications.