Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/06/2020 23:59
HR / Training
Redcar & Cleveland
Galileo Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint a full time HR Manager to work across the Trust from September 2020.
The Galileo Multi-Academy Trust is a group of ten primary schools across the Redcar & Cleveland area.
• Ensure that Galileo is operating within a legally robust HR policy and procedural framework that is fit for purpose
• Ensure that relevant legislative and educational employment knowledge is kept up to date within the Trust and wider school HR/Admin teams, advising on the interpretation and implementation of changes to ensure that all policies and procedures are up-to-date and legally compliant
• Implement and maintain a set of legally compliant Trust HR policies, ensuring these are reviewed and updated regularly in the light of changing legal and safer recruitment requirements
• Ensure that the Trust is compliant with equality legislation, in terms of arrangements for pay and conditions across its academies, giving professional recommendations and implementing action plans to address any inconsistencies of approach
• Develop and implement HR policies which support the delivery of the MATs strategic priorities
• Manage the delivery of a compliant, professional HR business service for Galileo MAT
• Lead on the provision of support and advice to the Trust and school leadership teams on HR related issues as required, including providing professional developmental support to senior and middle leaders, in all aspects of HR including the application of Trust policies
• Lead on casework and employee relations and support on behalf of the Trust, liaising with legal advisors and trade unions as appropriate
• Lead and oversee the implementation and continuous improvement of HR systems and processes including pension arrangements (alongside the CFO), recruitment, performance management and other operational areas
• Support in the delivery of the development and implementation of an annual HR plan
• Support the CEO, CFO, and Headteachers in working constructively with the Joint Consultative Committee
• Work in partnership with Trust central staff and Headteachers to develop Galileo as an excellent place to work, able to attract, recruit and retain the best staff
• Work to ensure that outstanding HR management and practice becomes embedded within the Trust
• Provide ad hoc written and verbal HR reports to the CEO for presentation to the Trust’s Board of Directors and its committees as required
• Manage HR MAT documentation including staff contracts, policies and procedures, forms, staff handbook etc. Ensuring that they are regularly reviewed and updated and compliant with employment legislation, safer recruitment etc.
• Provide HR input into Galileo projects and organisational changes including the management of TUPE
• Provide HR support for the process of schools joining the Trust
• Ensure Galileo compliance with the requirements of Safer Recruitment
• Ensure that HR record keeping including the Single Central Record is accurate and compliant across the Trust
• Oversee statutory returns in relation to HR
• Act as conduit with the external Data Protection Officer and be the point of contact for all Trust related data protection issues
• Work alongside and support the Central Team in all Health & Safety issues, eventually looking to lead in this area
• Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned at the discretion of management.
CVs will not be accepted in place of a completed Application Form.
Candidates who are selected for interview will be informed following the shortlisting process and full details of the interview will be provided. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date of the position, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will seek references on shortlisted candidates for Trust based positions and may approach previous employers for information to verify experience or qualifications before interview. Any relevant issues arising from references will be taken up at interview.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 10th June 2020 (Midnight)
Position to commence: 1st September 2020
This job is closed for applications.