Enhanced Teaching Assistant (1:1)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/07/2020 09:00
£19,554 - £21,589 pro rata
Schools - Support
Coxhoe Primary School
Enhanced Teaching Assistant (1:1) Required from 1st September 2020
20 hours per week, Term time only plus 2 weeks.
Salary scale: Grade 5
1 to 1 temporary contract for as long as the child attends the school and we receive funding for the role.
Coxhoe Primary School is a growing school with a drive and determination to provide our children with an enriching and broad curriculum; we aim to offer our children engaging opportunities to allow them to develop the skills they need to achieve in our culturally diverse world.
Staff and governors are seeking to appoint a highly effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced SEN learning support assistant to join our warm and friendly school family.
The right candidate will have experience of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs, including Autism, ADHD and associated difficulties.
The role involves working 1:1, supporting a child in EY/KS1 with social communication and emotional difficulties both within the classroom and during break and lunchtimes.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has experience of working with pupils with social, communication difficulties and emotional difficulties
• Will be able to improve the communication and interaction of the supported pupil
• Will be able to support the emotional needs of the pupil
• Has a proven track record of working with pupils with SEND and of delivering a personalised curriculum either in SEN settings or in mainstream schools
• Will support the sensory needs of the pupil
• Will be able to support engagement and challenge the cognition and learning of the pupil
• Will be able to work on pupil’s support plan targets (EHCP targets if applicable)
• Has experience of working closely with class teacher/SENCO and other professionals
• Is flexible, pro-active and hands on
• Has vision, energy and enthusiasm for this challenge and has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Is experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
We can offer:
• A warm, welcoming and friendly school community with excellent parental support
• The support of an enthusiastic, ambitious and dedicated team of staff and governors
• The privilege to work with well-behaved and enthusiastic children who love coming to school and are eager to learn;
• Continued professional development from within and additional extended support from external providers
Due to the current circumstances, unfortunately there are currently no planned visits to our school. For more information please visit our website or contact the school office between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and satisfactory references.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave. Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
This post is not open to job share
Application forms to be returned to the school at: email@example.com
Closing date: 6th July 2020 at 9am
Interview date: 1th July 2020
Coxhoe Primary School
This job is closed for applications.