Term-time only (Permanent)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£22,911 - £26,317 pro rata
Schools - Support
Villa Real School
Health & Safety Manager Required as soon as Possible
Grade 7, full time (37 hours per week), term time only
Villa Real School is an all age Special School with pupils with SLD, PMLD and ASD.
The governors are seeking to employ an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Premises and Health & Safety Manager.
The role includes:
• Acting as the main Health and Safety Officer for the School, ensuring a safe working and learning environment in accordance with relevant legislation.
• Preparing Health and Safety reports for the Governors.
• Keeping appropriate records, ensuring that they are available for inspection and provide statistical and other returns, as required, to the Head teacher, Governors and Local Authority.
• Keeping up to date with changes to legislations, (especially health and safety) and best practice in facilities management.
• Support classroom staff to ensure that individual pupil/student risk assessments are in place and current.
• Monitor and evaluate the quality of all risk assessments with the SMT.
• Support key staff in the writing and implementation of key area risk assessments.
• Monitor the bound and numbered book to ensure compliance.
• Attend SMT meetings on a monthly basis to report on health and safety throughout the School.
• Accurately record and upload accidents to the health and safety team, liaising with them when necessary and ensuring that any recommendations are actioned.
The successful candidate will:
• have excellent communication skills
• be able to work methodically, thoroughly and to a consistently high standard to ensure work is carried out effectively and efficiently
• be able to supervise a team and work alone as required
• be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Application form and further details are available by email and returnable to the Head teacher. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 17th July 2020 and are encouraged to visit the school.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and supportive references.
This post is not open to job share
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave. Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Closing date: 15th July 2020 at 9am
Interview date: Week commencing 20th July 2020
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road
Tel: 01207 503651