DBS610/20 Level 3 Teaching Assistant x 2 - Wallsend Jubilee Primary School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/07/2020 12:00
£16,578.39 - £17,631.46 pa
Schools - Support
Wallsend Jubilee Primary School, Mullen Road, Wallsend, Tyne and Wear, NE28 9HA
To cover a twelve month fixed term period, the Governors of this 2 form entry primary school would like to employ 2 full time, 37 hours per week (term time only over 195 days) Level 3 Teaching Assistants who are enthusiastic, energetic & highly competent.
The individuals concerned must be able to show that they are able to:
• Work as part of a team
• Deliver high quality learning experiences for our pupils
• Build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
• Demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills
• Manage children & have excellent behaviour management skills
The successful candidates will be adaptable and understanding and will enjoy interacting with children, playing a full role in the duties that are required.
Main Duties of the Post
• You will be qualified to Level 3 Teaching Assistant level.
• To work under the direct instruction of the teaching/senior staff, to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
The Role will include:
• Carrying out teaching interventions
• Preparing classrooms for lessons
• Helping pupils who need extra support to complete tasks, individually or in groups
• Observing pupil performance and reporting observations to teachers
• Supervising and supporting pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning
• Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, being aware of and responding appropriately to, individual needs
• Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
• Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
• Encouraging pupils to act independently, as appropriate
• Working with small groups to support learning and progression
• Supervising breaks
• Displaying work
• Helping with external and internal events
• Undertaking pupil record keeping, as requested
• Supporting the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties, as appropriate
• Gathering/reporting information from/to parents/carers, as directed
• Providing clerical/admin support e g photocopying, typing, filing
Support for the School
• Be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
• Attend relevant meetings, as required
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development, as required
• Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times including before and after school and at lunchtimes
• Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities, as required
The governors are committed to the safeguarding of children and therefore you will be required to apply for clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. You will also be expected to attend training in basic Child Protection and possibly in basic first aid also. The successful candidates will need to be resilient, committed and able to be active for prolonged periods.
Shortlisting/Interview process may include the candidates carrying out a socially distanced task with children currently on site, and an interview using a web-based platform such as Zoom or Teams.
Application packs can be obtained by emailing the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed forms should be returned to the above email address or mailed to arrive promptly by the closing date and time. Please do not bring your completed application to the school as there may not be anybody available to receive it from you.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 3rd July 2020.
Shortlisting will take place in week commencing 6th July 2020.
Practical task (if applicable) and interview is likely to take place either later in the week of 6th July or week commencing 13th July 2020/
This job is closed for applications.