Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant - Southwick Community Primary School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/07/2020 12:00
£18,795 - £19,171
Schools - Support
Southwick Community Primary School
Position: Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant-
Fixed term- 1 year
Full time 37 hours per week-term time only
School: Southwick Community Primary School
Address: Shakespeare Street, Southwick, SR5 2JX
Tel: 0191 5009554
Head teacher: Mr Christian Robson
Salary: Grade 2- post to commence September 2020
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational Teaching Assistant to join our strong and very supportive team.
We are looking for a practitioner who:
• Is an outstanding practitioner.
• Has a good knowledge of the national curriculum.
• Is meticulous in their planning and preparation.
• Deliver small group interventions / lessons.
• Can imaginatively adapt and deliver the curriculum to our children.
• Has a good range of delivery skills to be able to cater for a range of children.
• Is able to use assessment to track and plan for good or better progress in children’s learning.
• To understand different ways to support children with additional needs.
• To follow guidance from outside agencies and teachers to meet the individual needs of learners.
• Have high expectations of themselves and the children.
• Has a commitment to developing a creative curriculum to enthuse and motivate learners.
• Is passionate about creating a stimulating learning environment where children can grow and flourish.
• Is an excellent team player.
• Act upon advice.
• Have initiative.
• A sense of humour.
• Is able to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations.
• Has a good and effective range of behavioural management skills.
As a School we can offer you:
• Wonderful and caring children who are welcoming to everyone.
• A committed and dedicated staff that are driven to raising standards.
• A very supportive working environment.
• A school that has excellent links with its local community and puts children at the heart of everything.
• Support and training to clearly deliver programmes used in school.
The post holder must:
• Act in compliance with the data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the council.
• Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to management of Council records and information.
• Carry out their duties with full regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and all other Council policies.
• Comply with the Council’s Health and safety rules and regulations and Health and Safety Legislation.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms will be available on the school web site: www.southwickprimary.co.uk or by sending a large stamped addressed envelope to the School Office. (Please ensure the correct postage is used)
Hard copy version only of the completed forms should be returned to the Head teacher
Visits by appointment only are actively encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school on 0191 5009554
Closing Date: 3.7.20- 12pm
Interview dates to be arranged: W/C 6.7.20
This job is closed for applications.