Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
APT&C9-11 Actual Salary £19,235 - £20,012 (1 year probationary period upon appointment)
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
We are seeking to attract to the Front of House Manager role from September 2020 someone who is: passionate about and experienced in delivering excellent customer service in a front line role; able to thrive in a busy and highly visible team environment and calmly able to prioritise their actions in response to changing demands; and is excited by the prospect of using their professional skills, knowledge and expertise to support our life changing work with our students and their families.
This is much more than a switchboard operator or telephone handling role, being integral to the smooth and effective running of the Academy day to day. The following are key elements for success in the role:
• Highly competent, credible and resilient front of house professional, who thrives operating in a fast moving and highly visible environment
• Works within the highest levels of integrity and discretion in all they do
• Excellent customer service skills, including a professional, calm and firm telephone manner
• A high degree of organisation and ability to prioritise conflicting, time critical demands and requests
• Strong ability to develop productive relationships with staff and students from across the academy, parents and visitors
• Previous experience in a front of house or senior receptionist role, if possible in a school
The role reports to the Personal Assistant to the Principal and falls within the core administrative support team for the Academy. Each member of the team has the lead for different areas of work, such as pastoral, SEND, early help, attendance, sixth form and academic, but also provide support to one another according to priorities and demands to ensure that high volume or time critical objectives are delivered.
Further details of the requirements for the role are included in the job description and person specification.
Terms and conditions for the role
8am to 5pm with one 30 minute break and two 15 minute breaks (breaks unpaid) during the day.
Monday to Friday 40 hours per week. Term Time plus 2 weeks.