Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/07/2020 00:00
£36,876 - £40,760
Social Care - Children Service
Ashington District Office
"Northumberland Children’s Service is on an exciting progressive journey with great leadership and a stable management team, which makes it a very safe place to work. As an experienced social worker with a passion for children and families social work, are you looking for an opportunity to continue in the rewarding position of working directly with children and families, whilst ambitious for progression and continued professional development? Northumberland is offering a unique opportunity to excel in your professional development by keeping the child at the heart of your practice; by joining us as an Advanced Practitioner.
Northumberland is looking for inspirational, creative practitioners who are interested in supporting the development of less experienced staff, by mentoring and coaching. This opportunity will give the right person the platform to showcase their abilities and make a difference by role modelling good practice; thus improving the outcomes for our young people and families. Northumberland County Council are committed to their staff, providing good training and career pathways for those who want it.
- A positive role model/leader for your peers/colleagues.
- You enjoy mentoring less experienced staff within a positive learning culture; considering theory and research to inform your practice and CPD.
- You will always want to hear the child’s voice and ensure that this is taken into account.
- You are an excellent communicator who builds strong working relationships with families, colleagues and partner agencies.
- You have a clear understanding and application of the Signs of Safety framework within practice.
- You have thorough knowledge and application within practice of the ‘Knowledge and Skills Statement for Child and Family Practitioners’.
- You are an innovative and inspirational leader who provides support to colleagues. - You will partake in training, group supervision and mentoring.
- You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances to improve their overall outcomes.
The benefits of choosing Northumberland
- A competitive salary - £36876 - 40760
- Essential car user allowance
- Access to car lease scheme
- Free parking at all social care team bases in Northumberland
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days annual leave after 5 years continuous service in a Local Authority)
- Relocation allowance (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Commitment to career progression
- Employee assistance programme offering free confidential advice on a wide range of issues
- Many more benefits via our rewards scheme
Testimonial: ""As an advanced practitioner in Northumberland my role allows me to continue working with children and families whilst supporting other members of my team. It is a very supportive role that also helps me to expand on my own ski"
This job is closed for applications.