Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/07/2020 12:00
£31,371 - £32,878 per annum
Social Care - Children Service
Redcar & Cleveland Area
Redcar and Cleveland Children’s Services are offering a fast paced, progressive working environment and a great career for experienced and ambitious Social Workers.
We’re looking for experienced, qualified social workers who want to be part of our multi-agency supported Assessment Team; co-located with our front door and strategic partners, including police, health and education.
We’re also seeking passionate social workers with a real interest and enthusiasm for working with vulnerable adolescents as part of our commitment to develop, pilot and implement a contextual safeguarding framework, alongside a multi-disciplinary team.
We at Redcar and Cleveland are ambitious; keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working. Key to our success is our passionate workforce of whom we are very proud and that’s why we have no hesitation in investing in your future, as your future represents the future of our children and families.
As part of a small team, you will be well supported, with regular supervision by a knowledgeable Team Manager who knows you and your cases well. You will have opportunities to develop to the best of your professional potential, including post-qualifying training to support practice ‘specialisms’ e.g. contextual safeguarding, domestic abuse, practice educator, practice supervisor.
We have adopted our chosen practice model, ‘Signs of Safety’ across the spectrum of services, from Early Help through to Leaving Care. We have embedded the principles of the approach in all aspects of our work, including our decision-making at the front door, in our assessments, planning and reviews.
You will be supported to apply the model effectively and to a high standard to support our children and families and help them to prosper.
You will have access to up to date IT solutions to support you to do your job well, including being provided with a tablet and Smart Phone. Our mobile technology will enable you to work flexibly and capture direct work with children and families whilst you’re on home visits.
You will be based in our recently refurbished offices in Ormesby, that currently offer free parking and are easily accessible from main driving routes (A66 and A19). We are also committed to supporting our staff to maintain an excellent work-life balance. To this end we offer a range of flexible working arrangements, including compressed hours and part-time opportunities. We would welcome applications from anyone wanting to work hours to suit their work-life balance.
In addition, we offer competitive employee benefits including:
• Cycle to work scheme
• Lease car scheme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Up to six month’s sick pay on full salary – subject to service
• Up to 28 days paid annual leave, rising to up to 33 days after five years service, plus bank holidays (additional annual leave may be purchased on request via a salary sacrifice scheme)
• Flexible working scheme - we support a range of flexible working patterns, including requests for compressed hours
• On-going and developing programme of Health & Wellbeing initiatives.
• A wide range of family friendly policies and procedures
• Maternity/Adoption leave – Up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice.
• Maternity support/adoption leave – Up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption
• Paternity leave – Up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child
• An employee benefits scheme enabling discounts on many products and services
Please join us in delivering our aspiration of giving children and young people within Redcar & Cleveland a flourishing future. So, what’s stopping you?
Please be advised that these positions require an enhanced check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Redcar and Cleveland is an accredited Investors in People employer at gold level and holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
For an informal discussion about either of these opportunities, please contact: Debbie Harrison on 01642 130700 or Deborahfirstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.