Support Assistant, Level 3
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
N4: £18,795 - £19,945 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £6,320 - £6,707 per annum.
Hours per week:
15 hours per week.
Schools - Support
St Cuthbert’s RC Primary School, The Green, Walbottle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 8JL.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in partnership with Newcastle City Council
St Cuthbert's RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 267 5956
15 hours per week, term time only
Fixed Term from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021.
At St Cuthbert’s we live and learn in faith and love, through Jesus’ teachings. Our school is a place where we can grow as a family, helping each other to lead full and happy lives.
We are a happy, caring and thriving school with a strong Catholic ethos. We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic support assistant to join our dedicated team. The Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic person who:
• Will support and promote the Catholic ethos and values of the school
• Is committed to working as part of our school team following our shared vision
• Has recent experience of working with children across the whole of the Primary phase and EYFS
• Has high standards and expectations in every aspect of school life
• Is an inclusive practitioner who firmly believes that all pupils can succeed
• Is able to inspire our pupils through our school curriculum
• Is flexible as the position may involve working in whole class, small groups, one to one
• Is able to make a significant contribution to our school community
• Is committed to continued professional development.
We can offer:
• Happy, confident and motivated children who embrace new challenges
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued
• A friendly and committed team
• An active and supportive Governing Body
• A commitment to continuous professional development
• Enthusiastic and supportive parents.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate visits to school at this time. Please visit our school website to find out more about our wonderful school life.
The school is currently in the process of joining Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust.
.Application packs are available from Mrs Neal via the school, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and to download from our school website
All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain ‘an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service’.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing date for applications: Friday 10 July 2020 12 noon
Shortlisting will be held on: Monday 13 July 2020
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 15 July 2020.