Please See Advert Text
As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/12/2020 23:59
Please see advert text
A generous age related fostering allowance and a Banded skill fee to recognise the professional skill of the foster carer
Social Care - Children Service
We are recruiting additional foster carers for Darlington Borough Council to care for local Darlington children from the age of 0-17 years. Care can be both short and long term.
We are also interested in recruiting respite carers, who care for children to support other foster carers or living arrangements
In particular we are in need of foster carers to meet the needs of:
- Brothers and sisters to ensure sibling groups can stay together
- Children with disabilities
- Children and young people who are over the age of 11 years
- Children and young people from black and minority ethnic groups
Darlington Borough Council is a non-profit Local Authority and our focus is on meeting the needs of all of our looked after children, and providing a good quality of support to our foster carers, to enable them to provide the best possible quality of care.
Foster carers with Darlington Borough Council will receive:
- A generous age related fostering allowance for each child in placement, and travelling expenses when appropriate
- A professional fee for each child cared for, based upon the skills of the foster carer
- Robust support from a Fostering Supervising Social Worker, and from the whole Fostering and Supported Lodgings Team
- Advice out of hours from our Children’s Homes staff
- A local Fostering Support Group run by the Darlington Foster Care Association
- A “buddying” arrangement for newly approved foster carers, and support with child care from other foster carers when appropriate
- Social events to enable foster carers to build good support networks
- Relevant and ongoing training which is delivered flexibly to fit around the fostering family
- Support and guidance in relation to health and education, and on the specific needs of the child
We are very interested in recruiting carers from all walks of life. We are happy to provide further information and advice.
To find our more, visit our website via the Apply Now button or give us a call on 01325 406222.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This job is closed for applications.