Manager of Alternative Provision and Careers
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/07/2020 12:00
£34,217.88 - £35,846.11 per annum
Hours per week:
37 Hours, term time only + 5
Schools - Support
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a good school which educates and supports the children of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. Bishopton received a grade of good, by Ofsted, in June 2017 and has also recently achieved the IQM Centre of Excellence and SMSC Gold standard award. These awards reflect our passion for being an inclusive school. We are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school, with a clear strategic vision for moving forward. We have high academic aspirations for every student and also focus on addressing their social, emotional and mental health needs. At the heart of all we do, is a belief that relationships (with students, staff, parents/carers and other agencies) matter.
Are you someone who can help shape our future? Do you believe in educating the 'whole' child and ensuring all of their needs are met? Have you got the belief that every child can achieve? If so, you may be the person for this role.
We wish to appoint an innovative, inspiring and experienced manager of Alternative Provision and Careers who can lead on key areas of school development and ensure that young people have access to safe, quality assured provision and an outstanding careers offer.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for commissioning and quality assurance of all forms of alternative provision including Work Experience placements
- Develop, monitor and evaluate all brokered business between Bishopton and schools/academies
- Be involved in School Development, visioning and values
- Support in the development of school policies, procedures and practices
- Have Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance leadership
- Have Quality Mark leadership
- Be involved in PR and Website production and maintenance
- Undertake Performance Management and CPD of staff across the whole-school community
-Be the Awarding body Quality Nominee including being an internal verifier of BTEC and equivalent qualifications
- Have overall leadership of the outdoor programme of education (COPE) including the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the programme budgetary management.
- Be Exams Officer for the school
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as part of an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
Bishopton is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Headteacher) for an informal chat. An application pack can be obtained from Claire Fletcher via email; email@example.com or by visiting the school website.
Due to the current COVID19 restrictions all visits will take place after 1.30pm on 02/07/2020 when children are no longer on site. Please contact the school office on 01642 566369 to arrange a visit. If you visit we would ask you to follow social distancing rules.
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Completed applications to be returned to the school by 12 noon on the closing date.
Marsh House Avenue, Billingham,
Stockton-On-Tees, TS23 3HB
Tel: (01642) 566369
Head Teacher: Mrs Emily Carr
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.