Usworth Colliery Nursery School - School Business Manager
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£26,317 - £28,785
Schools - Support
Usworth Colliery Nursery School
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Part time 18.5 hours - term time only (+2 weeks)
Wed, Thu, Fri
Advert Start Date: 26/06/2020
Advert End Date: 14 / 07/ 2020 23:59
Salary: Grade 6 SP 22-25 £26,317 pro rata
Job Category: Schools - Support
Vacancy ID: 50071805
Employment Location: Usworth Colliery Nursery School
Closing date: 14th July
Usworth Colliery Nursery School
Manor Road, Sulgrave,
Tyne and Wear NE37 3BL
Tel: 0191 4167700
Head Teacher: Angela M. Graham
Nursery School Business Manager
Grade 6 SP 22-25 – 18.5 hours per week – term time only from 1st September 2020
We wish to appoint a motivated and proactive professional to strategically lead in the development and management of financial, personnel and premises matters.
You will be responsible for preparing and presenting relevant reports to the Head Teacher, Governing Body and relevant external agencies in these areas.
You will be responsible for managing procurement processes.
You will have a good understanding of safeguarding and will oversee the management of school’s single central record and induction procedures for new staff and visitors in accordance with current legislation.
Whilst the successful candidate may have experience of working in a school, it is not essential to the post.
The successful candidate will:-
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Lead by example and demonstrate integrity, honesty, competence and diligence
• Have relevant experience in human resources, administration and finance
• Take full responsibility for planning, managing and monitoring all aspects the school’s finances
• Manage the school administrative function through planning, developing and monitoring administrative systems and procedures
• Arrange provision, analysis and evaluation of data and detailed report to the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body
• Can analyse complex issues and provide sound advice to the Head Teacher and Governing Body
• Be able to assist with the management of health and safety issues
• Be innovative and skilled in using technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
• Be able to plan, prioritise and manage workload with a flexible and positive approach to meet deadlines
• Be a strong advocate for the school and its community withholding the schools vision and aims.
We can offer you:-
• Supportive and committed Governing Board and Leadership Team.
• Wonderful, positive and motivated children.
• A small, inclusive and welcoming School Team.
• Opportunities to continue to develop your personal strengths, professional knowledge, interests and skills.
Closing date: Tuesday 14th July 2020
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 20th July 202
Job description, person specification and application forms are available on request via email to email@example.com
Please return completed forms by post to Angela M. Graham, Headteacher at the above address or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to an enhanced DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and follow stringent Safer Recruitment procedures in accordance with school policy.
Usworth Colliery Nursery School safeguards and protects its children and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Panel procedures.